top of page

How to decrease your brain from being over stimulated

How to Decrease Neural Stimulation

Let’s talk about the brain, and how you can decrease neural stimulation. Sometimes too much input can cause your brain to overload, feel like it’s on fire, or just like there is too much going on.

I’ve treated hundreds of patients who were floxed, and I have seen some very common threads among these patients. I’ve made other videos and written other articles about being floxed before; essentially it results in an improperly functioning brain. Symptoms can include:

- Anxiety

- Racing heart

- Depression

- Neurological issues

- New brain fog

- Brain fatigue

Dr Hugh Wegwerth chiropractor Rosemount minnesota Apple Valley

All of these are clearly signs of an unhealthy brain.

Luckily there is a rather simple treatment you can do at home to help ease these symptoms: wear blue light glasses.

What is Blue light?

Blulight is a kind of light which is commonly emitted through electronics’ screens. If you spend a lot of time staring at a computer monitor, a smartphone, or the television, you are exposed to a lot of blue light. Blue light commonly causes

- Eye strain

- Headaches

- Migraines

- Fatigue

- Decreased melatonin (leading to insomnia)

As you can imagine, if electronics exposure can cause these symptoms, then it is a very major problem for our modern day.

Blue light glasses essentially filter out the majority of this blue light, and are fairly cheap and easy to buy. I do not have to wear prescription glasses, but I do wear blue light glasses whenever I’m in front of a screen.

Blue light glasses will essentially help your brain relax and take a break from all of the stimulation. This is important when we take a polytherapy approach. If we can reduce the overstimulation of the brain, we can also help reduce the severity of other symptoms you may be suffering from.

Your Brain When Overstimulated

So what does all of this have to do with your brain? I have explained this in previous videos, but essentially there is a common misconception that your brain is all constantly in “go” mode. In reality, about 90% of your brain, at any given time, is actually trying to tell the remaining 10% to “stop,” while that remaining tenth is in “go” mode.

Now, this 90:10 ratio is under normal circumstances. When someone is floxed, this ration can change more to 60% in “stop” mode and 40% in “go.” If you have been floxed, then this means your brain is sort of in “hyperdrive” mode all of the time. Decreasing blue light exposure is one way to decrease the amount of stimulation, and thus help decrease the symptoms of a floxed brain.

This is not unlike someone who suffered a stroke. They may have an arm that is tight, or spasming. This means their muscles are constantly firing, they are close to a ratio of 50:50 in “stop” or “go” mode.

Essentially, your brain is constantly “flexed,” and there is no real way for it to relax and rest. You can start to get those symptoms mentioned above, because your brain is constantly in “go” mode, with no recovery time, and decreased melatonin making it harder to fall asleep.

How Blue Light Glasses Help

Your brain, like every other part of your body, needs to calm down instead of constantly running in overdrive. Blue light glasses, which are only about $25, can have a major positive impact on your condition.

The glasses work by blocking out blue light as it passes through the lenses. This decreases the stimulation on your eyes, and decreases the stimulation that’s going on in your brain.

Again, this is a very cheap way to combat brain fog, brain fatigue, and more. These glasses help keep your brain from constantly being in “go” mode, and allows your brain to work less intensely, instead of becoming inflamed and causing these issues.

Really, the overall issue here is that your brain is not functioning well because it is overstimulated. When I approach with a polytherapy, or functional medicine curriculum, and see that you have been floxed, or really have any sort of brain problems in particular, the first step is to decrease the amount of stimulation your brain needs to process through the entire day.

A similar treatment you can use in addition to blue light glasses are earmuffs. These are also really cheap, and wearing them around the house can help reduce the amount of stimulation your brain needs to deal with.

In Conclusion

Having to deal with a floxed brain can be a difficult task, but treatment can be very simple. Using blue light glasses (and earmuffs) can help reduce the stimulation, and reduce symptoms. This is especially important when you watch a lot of TV or spend a lot of time in front of a computer screen.

The next step after following these steps would be to begin giving your body good nutrients. We need to decrease your inflammation, and help st